Learn more about elections and voting including important dates, polling locations, local ballot issues, absentee voting, and more at the Clermont Board of Elections website.
- The election is November 4th – be sure to vote! For more information about absentee ballots, early voting, polling locations, precinct sample ballots, and more, visit the Clermont Board of Elections website.
- Get a Clermont Republican Party Voter Guide at this link.
- Last month we launched our GOP Clermont Facebook Page. Click this link to like our page!
- This year’s National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) “Turkey Care” outreach event will take place at party headquarters on November 20th. The goal is to provide 400 packaged Thanksgiving meals to Clermont families in need. Last year the local NWTF served an estimated 2,500 citizens from our community. You are welcome to make a contribution. Please make a check payable to “River Valley Longbeards.” Mail your check c/o: Clermont County Republican Party, PO Box 431, Batavia, OH 45103.
- Would you like candidate signs for your yard? Please contact our office at this link, if interested.
Our speakers tonight were:
- Congressman Brad Wenstrup. Brad talked about the upcoming Senate elections, the ebola problem, security issues, and more. To volunteer for Brad’s campaign, contact Kyle at (513) 746-8171 or email email@example.com. The Victory Center for his campaign is located at 5220 Beechmont Ave @ the Skytop Plaza, before the Beechmont Levee.
- House 66th District Representative Doug Green spoke about his re-election campaign. He spoke about the concerns relating to the ebola outbreak. He also thanked everyone for their support.
- House 65th District Representative John Becker spoke about writing letters to the editor in support of candidates. He mentioned signs were available for his campaign. Contact John for a sign at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Senator Joe Uecker spoke briefly about the upcoming lame-duck session in the Ohio legislature. Topics during the session will likely cover issues such as the heartbeat bill, Common Core, voter ID, and more. He also spoke briefly about protocols relating to the control of contagious disease in our state. He mentioned that voters should remember “KFC” on election day in support of judicial candidates, “Kennedy, French are the Conservatives.”
Clermont Chamber of Commerce Candidates’ night will be held on October 21st. Call 576-5000 for more information or visit their website at this link.
Much discussion of late has occurred relating to the possibility of an Article V Constitutional Convention. Learn more about the “PRO” side of this issue at Convention of the States, www.conventionofstates.com. To learn about the opposing view, visit Renew America at, www.renewamerica.com.
Our next Clermont County Republican Party Central Committee meeting will be held, Wednesday, November 19th, 7pm at party headquarters in Batavia. The meeting is open to the public and you are encouraged to attend!
We held our September Clermont County Republican Central Committee meeting on Wednesday night, September 17th. The central committee meeting schedule was announced through the end of the year. See our events page for the updated schedule.
- Chairman Uible gave a special thanks to central committee member Charlie Ward for coordinating the Republican booth at the Clermont County Fair. Many new committees have been meeting lately to help move the party forward.
- The November election is coming soon. Visit clermontelections.org for information about registration, early voting, polling locations, and more.
We heard from several candidates and/or their representatives:
- John Becker (Ohio House District 65) spoke about the status of legislation on voting as well as the current status of bills to repeal Common Core.
- Greg Brooks, Brad Wenstrup’s Campaign manager in Clermont County, spoke about the upcoming candidates’ forum sponsored by League of Women Voters. Congressman Wenstrup will be participating and he encouraged people to attend. The forum will be held Tuesday, September 23rd, 7p.m., at Krueger Auditorium, UC Clermont, Batavia, OH. Congressman Wenstrup has opened a new Victory Center located on 5220 Beechmont Ave at the Skytop Plaza. Learn more, get a yard sign, and volunteer by calling 513-746-8171 or email email@example.com
- State Board of Education candidate Ron Rudduck spoke about his campaign and took questions from the committee.
- Doug Green Representative from Ohio’s 66th House District spoke about his re-election efforts and his work in the state legislature.
Our next Clermont County Republican Central Committee meeting will be held Wednesday, October 15th, 7p.m. at party Headquarters in Batavia.
A few highlights from the meeting:
- Please make sure to read over the important party documents on our website. Links are available to documents including: party constitution & by-laws, our endorsement policy, and the “nuts and bolts” of serving on county central committee.
- At tonight’s meeting we filled many of our open precincts with new appointees. To learn more about potential future openings for appointment, contact us here.
- Volunteers are needed to walk in the opening day parade and staff our fair booth during the 2014 Clermont County Fair. The parade will take place Sunday, July 20th and the fair runs through Saturday, July 26th. Please contact us here to volunteer at the fair.
- Our next county central committee meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at the party HQ in Batavia, OH.